The Materials Manager is the company’s raw materials expert, looking after supplier management, sourcing and development. You will need to know about coated, synthetic, waterproof and breathable textiles as well as plastics and metals.
- Technical Textiles, Metals, Plastics and Packaging
- Global Supplier of Camping & Outdoor Travel Goods
- Based in Zhongshan
The company engineers a wide range of simple products that help make time in the outdoors fun, efficient and comfortable. This global brand is now sold in more than 60 countries, but the original ethos ‘to equip and inspire’ continues to drive the research and development of new techniques, materials, technologies and production methods, inspiring new products for outdoor enthusiasts and active travellers around the world.
Your role will be to drive materials innovation through sourcing, technical expertise, and development. Your everyday role will be to:
- Manage and develop the materials department
- Define and deliver a supplier matrix to meet the global brand technology, quality, price and capacity demand
- Source, evaluate, train and develop new and existing suppliers
- Review fabric costing, composition & construction
- Collect market intelligence
- Drive SOP standardisation for material sourcing, development, procurement, and quality
You will have expertise in Technical Textiles, with additional knowledge of Plastic, Metals and Packaging for consumer products and Global Chemical Compliance Standards. You will also have experience in managing a small team as well as supplier sourcing, development, continuous improvement, driving change and developing meaningful results-orientated relationships with suppliers.
APPLY NOW to be part of this company’s continued growth and success!
This is an immediate vacancy, so only those currently able to live and work in China should apply.