Provide automated packaging solutions for a global apparel manufacturer
- Automate packaging processes
- New role, fresh thinking
- Intimate apparel, sleepwear and leisurewear
The company has 50 years of experience in apparel manufacturing, working with high-profile global brands. Packing accounts for 30% of the work in manufacturing from fabric to finishing and is currently mostly done manually – there is a huge opportunity for automating the packaging processes throughout the group.
- Research automation processes that could be applicable to apparel packaging
- Work with customers, global suppliers and inhouse engineering, product management, operations, and sourcing personnel to achieve functional packaging goals
- Oversee and manage the complete packaging development process, including the creation of packaging designs, prototype development, and performance testing.
- Travel to apparel manufacturing plants in Sri Lanka, India, Bangladesh and Central America to implement processes
This is an exciting new role, requiring a working knowledge of automation. A background in engineering/mechatronics will be required and apparel related experience will be an advantage.APPLY NOW