Oversee sampling and development of active sport, athleisure and swimwear whilst balancing client relationships and timelines.
- Active, swim and leisurewear
- Technical focus on product development
- Local and international travel
About the Company
This is one of the few Australian companies offering a strategic end-to-end solution in the sourcing, development, production and distribution of apparel products to local and international customers.
About the Role
You will manage the relationship with external clients and in-house Product Developers, including sampling and development and manufacturing timelines. You will also assist with sampling and development, advising on technical aspects and the best methods to achieve the desired product and timely sampling ready for bulk production. A firm but respectful approach will be required!
- Work with Australian and international customers to establish their requirements and significant milestones and follow up with the product development team to ensure there is a clear understanding
- Assist Product developers in Australia and China with all technical issues regarding fit and construction
- Liaise with the production team to achieve a timely sign off and handover of sampling ready for bulk production
- Provide customer feedback and update the Board on progress as well as the potential for future opportunities
- Work with the product developers and directors on costings before they are sent to customers
Skills and Experience Required
You will be able to juggle multiple tasks and the ability to prioritise but not let any single task ‘fall over’. You should also be used to working within tight timeframes to achieve the best outcome for client and company. A positive attitude and the ability to create confidence with both clients and product developers is important. You will have:
- A background in Patternmaking, Sampling and Manufacturing
- Experience in a variety of fashion categories including active, swim, ladies and menswear
- Managed a small team
- Worked with overseas factories
- The right to work in Australia