A leading Australian-based social enterprise specialising in sustainable and ethical sewing centres seeks a dedicated and experienced Production Assistant to join their dynamic team. This full-time position based in Brisbane offers a competitive remuneration package based on experience.
About the Organisation:
The organisation is committed to empowering at-risk women in developing nations through its cottage industry training/garment manufacturing model. With sewing centres in Brisbane and Phnom Penh, Cambodia, and plans for expansion into Vietnam, and India, they provide training, employment, and micro-business opportunities to empower women. They produce a wide range of sustainable and ethical garments, including casual apparel, activewear, corporate uniforms, and woven fashion garments.
The Production Assistant will work closely with the Production Director to support the production process. This includes product development, customer and supplier liaison, sourcing, production, and shipment coordination for both onshore and offshore sewing centres. This role offers a unique opportunity to contribute to their mission of creating a positive social impact while gaining valuable experience in the apparel industry.
As the Production Assistant, you will:
- Assist the Production Director with sampling and production tasks
- Provide support for local and international suppliers
- Manage email communications and client support
- Create fabric and trim tech packs
- Handle postage and freight logistics
- Offeri exceptional client and customer support
- Communicate customer schedule updates via email
- Provide sourcing support
- Liaise with machinists for local and international samples
- Assist in maintaining production systems, including inventory management, calendars, and databases
Qualifications and Experience Needed:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role, preferably with offshore production
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a small team
- Strong understanding of garment construction, size specifications, and fitting garments
- Proficiency in both cut and sew and woven product processes
- Experience in pattern-making is advantageous
- Formal qualifications or relevant experience in production and quality control within the apparel industry
If you are passionate about making a difference, have a strong background in production, and want to be part of a growing social enterprise, this is an excellent opportunity. Join this organisation and contribute to empowering women and creating sustainable change.APPLY NOW