Based in Brisbane, the company is a dynamic and innovative fashion brand creating quality seasonal womenswear collections.
As the Womenswear Product Developer, you will be crucial in the company’s product development process. Working closely with the Creative Director, you will contribute to bringing the collections to life. The Product Developer will lead the development process, ensuring that concept creation, sample specifications, quality standards, and fit requirements are met.
- Collaborate closely with the Creative Director to coordinate seasonal collections.
- Lead the production development process, overseeing concept creation, sample specifications, quality standards, and fit.
- Attend fitting sessions to take accurate notes for corrections and updates with pattern makers.
- Review of samples, specification sheets, construction, and grading to maintain product fit and quality consistency.
- Work with fabric suppliers to source and order materials and trims.
- Oversee fabric sampling, print design, and artwork pre-production and documentation.
- Create cohesive collection concepts in Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/ Indesign
- Ensure accurate documentation throughout the product development process.
- Coordinate style allocation to pattern makers and garment machinists.
- Data entry using Indigo 8.
- Document the sampling process and update the Sampling and Fabric Bibles.
- Manage design room assistants, pattern makers, cutters, sample room machinists, and fabric suppliers to meet design and production deadlines.
- The ideal candidate should have proven experience of at least 3-5 years in Product Development or a similar role within the Fashion Industry.
- Ability to lead fitting sessions.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Microsoft Office (especially Excel).
- Outstanding technical knowledge of raw materials, construction, and fit with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines, and coordinate multiple projects and people simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to perform well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Motivated and talented individuals with experience in product development are encouraged to apply for this exciting opportunity to contribute to the growth of the company’s brand. Joining the team means becoming part of a creative and collaborative work environment that values innovation and quality.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and qualifications.APPLY NOW