Starting as Assistant Production Manager, you will work with the Production Manager to lead and coordinate 6 teams of operators to safely drive day to day operations, improve efficiencies and meet production targets. With the operators and your peers, you will troubleshoot production issues, identify and resolve root causes, improving operator and plant capabilities.
- Suits Ambitious Graduate Seeking First Management Role
- Drive Continuous Improvement – High Volume Manufacturing
- Fast Track to Production Management in a Global Company
This company is the acknowledged market leader in their textile niche and has manufacturing sites throughout the world. You will be based plant is the most significant in the Australia NZ region. The structures are flat so while you have extensive corporate support you have the independence and authority to make things happen.
They have a professional “let’s do what it takes” environment driving improvement and aiming for industry best performance to deliver for the customer. This is a job where you can learn the role, perform and then position yourself for more senior positions.
In 12 months you will have,
- Developed a thorough knowledge of all plant operations and be able to train operators and undertake regular audits of plant performance
- Led at least four improvement projects (e.g. safety, efficiencies, change over times, waste).
- Stood in for the Production Manager when they are on leave or on other projects.
- With the Production Manager, undertaken operator performance reviews and established operator training programs
You graduated 3-5 years ago and want a career in operations, to grow as a Manufacturing Professional. You have previously worked in a continuous improvement environment as an Industrial Engineer, Team Leader or Supervisor. Your referees can attest to your superior communication and leadership skills and initiative. A relevant technical degree is being sought and ideally some qualifications in or exposure to 5S, LEAN and/or Six Sigma.
This is a great opportunity to build your career with a high profile internationally focused business. The company sees this role as a gateway to more senior positions and actively supports ongoing professional development using an “internal company college” and external providers.APPLY NOW