The Footwear Costing Manager will be responsible for analysing and tracking the cost of production and materials for footwear products. You will:
- Break down the cost of each shoe design by evaluating patterns and consumption piece by piece.
- Analyse the cost of local labour and materials for footwear products
- Evaluate a cost-down option
- Negotiate pricing with suppliers to ensure competitive costs
- Track production costs and compare them to budgeted costs
- Develop and maintain cost models for footwear products
- Collaborate with the Supply Chain Manager and purchasing team to identify cost savings opportunities
- Prepare cost analysis reports for management review
- Stay informed of industry trends and market conditions that may impact production costs
The role would suit someone who has come from a small to medium size footwear sourcing office, manufacturer or material supplier. The key will be a ‘Can Do’ approach and a results-focused mindset, with the ability to work through vast amounts of information. Additionally, you will be comfortable managing expectations and striving towards continuous improvement within strict timeframes. You will need:
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Proven experience in tracking, and reporting on raw material prices
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office for reports and presentations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Bengali and English.
This foreign-owned company has a long and proud history of providing a footwear supply chain service to premium brands, covering research, design, development, commercialisation, production and quality assurance. The company is an equal opportunities employer and offers a supportive and professional environment in which to develop your career.