For an experienced Footwear Product Developer looking to enhance their career, this is an exciting opportunity to be at the cutting edge of footwear manufacturing – Bangladesh is the place to be!
As well as developing and presenting collections to clients to showcase the company’s footwear capabilities, the Footwear Product Development Director will mentor the development team to improve their skillset and ensure the best possible footwear ranges.
This is a permanent executive-level role with an international manufacturer, supplying global brands. You will have extensive leadership experience in footwear product development for mass production, ideally including safety, winter boots and outdoor and casual footwear.
As the Senior Executive responsible for Footwear Product Development, you will:
- Develop and present collections to clients
- Manage, coach and mentor the product development team
- Manage the customer liaison teams who deal with all development, requests, sample requirements and general communication
- Identify and contact potential clients
- Keep up to date with style, new materials and technology developments within the industry
- Improve commercialisation skills, ensuring timely handover to production departments allowing them to hit first ship dates.
- Develop the costing department’s skills
You will need:
- Extensive experience in footwear product development for mass production, ideally including safety, winter boots and outdoor and casual footwear (cold cement, vulcanized, and injection constructions)
- Senior product development leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- A rounded technical skillset
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving and leadership skills with the ability to lead, motivate and manage a diverse workforce
The company will recruit from anywhere in the world, but you need to be prepared for the rigours of working in Bangladesh!