As General Manager Outdoors, your operational management and strategic planning skills will position the division as a market leader.
- Outdoors, Camping, 4×4 Touring and Leisure Categories
- Australian Company
- Market Leader
Part of a larger Australian group, this company leads the market in high-quality products designed for the camping, 4WD touring, fishing and hunting markets.
About the Role
- developing and implementing annual business plans within target markets to achieve budgeted financial targets and generate future sales and profit growth;
- day to day operational management of the Division, ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of supply chain operations, optimal inventory, and market leadership in customer service standards.
- Lead the development and implementation of long-range strategies and annual business plans/budgets
- Proactive financial management of the business unit
- Business Development
- Plan and direct all areas of Divisional Operations to ensure financial, quality and service performance expectations are achieved
- Champion innovation, oversee the Product Development process and lead/direct the Product Development team
- Supplier Management
- Work with the Marketing Team to develop marketing strategies
- Lead and support a culture that motivates people to perform at their best
Skills and Experience
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification in Business/Management/Marketing
- Experience in leading business transformation initiatives with the application of contemporary management principles
- History of implementing business development initiatives that have realised or exceeded forecast revenue/profit targets
- Operates successfully in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Understanding of import/wholesale/ direct selling models and business levers for success
- Understanding of global sourcing/supply chain and product development/innovation processes
The Outdoor team is a friendly, supportive bunch of people, passionate about the camping, 4WD touring, fishing and hunting lifestyle.APPLY NOW