Leading a standalone business within the Group, the General Manager of the Schoolwear Division will be responsible for the end to end operations with full P&L responsibility and leadership across sales and marketing, supply chain, operations, design, product development, finance, IT, e-commerce and retail.
- Schoolwear – wholesale, retail and online
- Full P&L responsibility
- Standalone business within an established Australian apparel group
With a focus on ‘front office’ leadership, a key priority for the General Manager will be to position the Schoolwear Division as the quality schoolwear company that develops, designs, and secures production of its garments, at a consistently high level of quality, without compromise, and reliably delivers on its brand promise to its customers.
A major project will be to transform the Schoolwear e-commerce and technology capability with a view to streamlining the on-line purchasing offering, integrating this with the ERP/stock management system, and interfacing with customer websites.
The General Manager will also be accountable for:
- Developing and delivering a three-year business plan for the growth of the Schoolwear Division
- Integration and operations of newly acquired businesses – identifying ways to streamline operations, identify synergies, and leverage capability
- Work with the Marketing Manager, National Business Development Manager and the Design Manager to energise business development activities
- Provide guidance and support to the Schoolwear team
The successful candidate will be an experienced General Manager with a strong marketing and business development background who has successfully run a large, operationally complex apparel business. Some experience with schoolwear is preferred.
This is an opportunity to develop a small schoolwear business into a much larger operation, with the full support and financial backing of the parent company.