The Global Fabric Sourcing Manager will work with stakeholders to deliver the group’s sustainable materials targets.
- Leading Fashion and Lifestyle E-Commerce Group
- Support the Sustainability Vision
- Making a positive difference to people and planet
About the Company
A leading fashion and lifestyle retail destination in the Asia Pacific, Latin America and CIS, connecting over 10,000 global, local and own brands to a market of more than one billion consumers through four established e-commerce platforms.
About the Role:
The Global Fabric Sourcing Manager will drivethe delivery of the group’s strategy for using environmentally preferred materials and their use for in-house brands
- Work with regional teams to identify suppliers of environmentally preferred materials and incorporate these into day to day sourcing processes
- Be the business expert on materials and the technical processes and requirements associated with fabric and its sourcing and production processes
- Selection and management of nominated suppliers as part of the overall raw material and fabric sourcing strategies
- Develop an SLA between the brands, fabric mills and finished goods suppliers
- Drive increased visibility of materials supply chains in support of the company’s traceability objectives
- Manage the Preferred Material Benchmark and conduct rigorous and comprehensive research to continually improve the company’s standards
- Build capacity of commercial and sourcing teams and existing suppliers on preferred materials by developing training tools and materials
What you will bring to the team:
- Experience in sourcing materials, mill assessment and ongoing management of mill capability and performance in the apparel and footwear industry
- Strong stakeholder management skills with an ability to deliver change across cultures
- Technical experience across knit and woven fabrics, including print/embellishment and finishing
- Experience in working with environmentally preferred materials
- Excellent communication skills in Mandarin and English (Portuguese or Spanish would also be useful!)
- Working knowledge of SAC Higg Index related tools
- Passion for making a positive difference to people and the planet
- Confident in working globally to support factories both within and outside of China
What we can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to have a serious impact on the future of fashion
- A dynamic working environment shaping the face of fashion e-commerce in growth markets
- Opportunity to be part of a fast-growing business, gain working exposure in the 17 countries across the group
- Work closely with a global talent pool with an international mindset
The company embraces diversity and equality of opportunity and is committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, to harness industry-leading skills.
This is an immediate vacancy. Only those currently able to live and work in China should apply.