The Group HR Manager is responsible for delivering professional advice, coaching, and support across the full generalist Human Resources remit. You will contribute to projects and champion and implement new initiatives to ensure the organisation establishes the culture and the capability it needs to deliver on current and future strategies.
- Generalist Human Resources Role
- Inner-Sydney Location
- Sizeable Family Business
This family-owned business operates throughout Australia and New Zealand touching almost every category where fabric or textiles are used.
Your role as Group HR Manager will be to continue to further develop the HR strategy to bring accountability into the business and to support each General Manager in developing their team. There can be many areas of focus depending on the site – you could be dealing with a large warehouse operation, a small office team, a Head Office environment, a sales office or the retail outlets. All bring their own unique HR challenges.
Day-to-day responsibilities will be to:
- Attract and retain high calibre talent
- Oversee the payroll function across Australia and New Zealand
- Manage salary reviews
- Coach and support managers to lead and motivate team achievement
- Assist managers with designing and delivering individual development plans
- Support and implement organisational change and introduce initiatives to improve performance, engagement and productivity
- Coach and support managers and employees to work through employment relationship issues fairly and consistently
- Update Policies and Procedures according to relevant legislative changes
- Manage the annual reporting for HR matters and provide documentation and regular HR updates
- Contribute to the improvement of workplace health & safety management
The role is quite diverse so you will need an understanding of all facets of HR with a willingness to collaborate and get involved. You will also be comfortable reporting to a Board. Previous experience managing payroll is essential and some experience working within a family business would be beneficial.
The company already has a great culture, but there is always more to be done! A good compensation package is on offer, including an on-site parking spot.APPLY NOW