The Head of IT is a proven leader, highly motivated by great technology applications to help optimize business results and map business problems to technology solutions. You will build and lead an effective, motivated team of highly skilled IT Specialists to deliver effective and efficient technological solutions.
This very successful foreign-owned apparel manufacturer has offices in Australia and the US, as well as its own factories in China.
As the senior technology leader reporting to the Global CIO, you will be leading the company’s technology strategy, execution, and operations. In addition, the Head of IT will be focused on developing in-house skillsets and managing key vendor relationships. The Head of IT will be a champion for defining, scaling, and operating processes along with project management excellence.
Your team of 22 managers and specialists will include Infrastructure, Production Systems, Business Systems, Project Management and ERP Implementation and Management.
The Head of IT also partners with cross-functional teams to translate the organizational requirements into an actionable roadmap.
To be considered for this role you will have experience in building or leading an Information Technology Department within the Apparel or Footwear Manufacturing sectors. You will also have:
- Experience in project problem diagnosis, solution development, stakeholder communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation and managing stakeholder expectations
- Ability to motivate and inspire a growing team of IT managers and specialists
- Strong internal matrix leadership and relationship-building abilities with production, sales and finance
- Ability to articulate and logically communicate concepts with technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong English language skills – oral and read/write and preferably Mandarin too.
Desirable Technical Skills:
- Background in Tier 1 ERP – Infor M3/ Oracle eBiz/Oracle JDE/SAP ECC6+
- Understanding of Microsoft Power Platform
- Project Management Skills
- PMP, ITIL, SCRUM certification