- Leadership role with a global manufacturing company
- Sports apparel for international brands
- New, “green” factory
- Local and international travel
About the Company
Part of a global apparel, textile and accessory manufacturing group, this company is one of the world’s premier apparel and supply chain services providers with production facilities in the Philippines, China and Cambodia.
About the Role
The Operations Director leads the overall manufacturing operations of the company, with responsibility for ensuring that production is on schedule to the required standards of quality, cost, delivery and safety at optimum efficiency and economy of operations.
- Manage the whole process in from the warehouse, through sewing, cutting, quality and finishing to dispatch
- Execute product development strategies to improve cost position and product performance
- Optimise and sustain manufacturing processes, including the reliable supply of raw materials, maintenance, safe procedures and operating behaviours, and optimise reliability initiatives throughout the facility
- Analyse plant and department budgets and allocate operating and capital expense budgets.
- Improve productivity through engineering changes, resource allocation and performance management
- Ensure compliance with quality, environmental, product safety and legal standards
Skills and Experience Required
- Degree level qualification in textile engineering, business or related subject
- Extensive background in manufacturing, including hands-on production and technical management experience gained in the apparel industry
- Ability to demonstrate competencies in Leadership, Analysis, Product Development,
- Problem Solving, Project Management, Customer Service, Communication, Cross-functional Teamwork, Change Management, Delegation, Business Acumen, Strategic Thinking, Continuous Improvement and Innovation.
- High levels of motivation with a passion for driving operational business change