We are looking for two talented Product Developers to help design and develop high-quality camping goods, including hard and soft products such as tents, sleeping bags, dry bags, and other outdoor gear. The successful candidates will drive and lead product development from the initial tech pack to final mass production. This includes working with designers, product factories, cross-functional teams, and suppliers to ensure quality, cost, and delivery targets are achieved.
- Camping & Outdoor
- Can be based in Perth (Australia), or Zhongshan (China)
- Report to Product Development & Technical Manager
This Australian company engineers a wide range of products that help make time in the outdoors fun, efficient and comfortable. Their global brand is sold in more than 60 countries, and the company continues to drive the research and development of new techniques, materials, technologies and production methods, inspiring new products for outdoor enthusiasts and active travellers around the world.
- Lead the product development process from the initial tech pack to final mass production, ensuring that all products meet the high-quality standards required
- Work with the designer to create a tech pack ready for mass production
- Ensure sampling and any tooling required are completed and approved to meet the timeline
- Check compliance with safety, chemical or other regulatory requirements and arrange the necessary tests
- Manage packaging requirements and costing
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure that the correct information regarding material specifications, product features, and testing requirements is provided to the factory
- Assist the costing team with clarification about product features, specs, and material
- Build strong connections with the production, material, buying and QC teams.
- Lead product handover meetings and assist the pre-production team with technical issues.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about camping and the great outdoors and who is proactive and detail-oriented. You will also need the following:
- Experience in product development, particularly for camping and outdoor goods
- Excellent communication skills and a well-organized work style
- A strong team spirit and result-oriented, good problem-solving skills.
- Fluent English
If you’re excited about working with a dynamic team to create high-quality camping and outdoor gear, please submit your resume and cover letter explaining why you’re the ideal candidate for this role.APPLY NOW