A new senior product development role with a mix of hands-on development, technical and customer liaison. The emphasis will be on menswear.
- Men’s Active and Leisurewear
- Extensive Travel in US and Asia
- Multinational Company
About the Company
Apparel Concepting from Definition through Design to Delivery – the company offers an end-to-end solution and has global apparel manufacturing facilities, with the capability to manufacture a wide variety of product categories including active, athleisure and casualwear.
About the Role
The company is growing and needs someone based in Asia who can translate design concepts back to the sampling and manufacturing units. This is a new product management role with a mix of hands-on development, technical and customer liaison.
- Lead product development initiatives for all current and future customers
- Travel to the US to work with the customer buying teams there on new developments before bringing them back to Asia
- Innovate product development with sustainable and performance materials to win new business
- Forecast future trends, shop the markets and continually keep up to date with developments and trends within the industry along with new material and technology
- Manage, coach and train product development team to improve their skill sets.
- Manage customer liaison teams to ensure all development, requests, sample requirements and general communication is done in a timely and professional manner
Skills and Experience Needed
- Sound experience in a similar role working on active/athleisure wear (ideally menswear)
- Good presentation skills
- Mix of hands-on development, technical and customer liaison experience
- An ability to forecast future trends
- Ability to think on your feet!