As the Sourcing Manager for high-quality camping goods, such as tents, sleeping bags, dry bags, and other outdoor gear, you will manage the Finished Goods Supplier portfolio and ensure strong partnerships, transparency, and purchase-to-pay optimisation.
- Camping and Outdoor Adventure Categories
- Australian Brand
- Based in Sydney, Perth or Singapore
This Australian company engineers a wide range of products that help make time in the outdoors fun, efficient and comfortable. This global brand is sold in more than 60 countries, and the company continues to drive the research and development of new techniques, materials, technologies and production methods, inspiring new products for outdoor enthusiasts and active travellers around the world.
The Sourcing Manager’s primary objective will be to generate and implement efficient Supplier Management and Procurement management strategies, processes, and quantifiable metrics. You will be responsible for analysing and calculating costs of procurement and delivery methods that decrease expenditure via value-adding leveraging and efficiency to enable end-to-end cost value.
- Visit suppliers to evaluate products, quality management systems, set-up, capacity, compliance, and ethical and cultural fit as a partner.
- Set seasonal standard costs for all categories and products.
- Assess the best region of supply to minimise destination tariffs while ensuring optimised logistical fill rates.
- Optimise end-to-end lead times
- Work with Product Management to determine capability and technical requirements while assuring ethical and environmental compliance.
- Work closely with cross-functional Product, Materials, Demand, Sales Operations, Quality, and Finance teams.
- Identify and assess risks/benefits of the region’s geographic, economic, and political stability and infrastructure. Develop and implement recommendations and alternatives as required.
We’re looking for a Sourcing Manager who is passionate about camping and the great outdoors. You will also need the following:
- Extensive experience in sourcing relevant products
- Experience managing a team of 5+ employees in different geographic locations.
- Knowledge of ERP systems and advanced Excel.
- A focus on validation through knowledge and metrics.
- The ability to work well with individuals in different countries and cultures.
- A willingness to frequently travel to factories and understand current geographic risks and how to manage them.
If you are excited about sourcing high-quality camping and outdoor gear, please submit your resume and cover letter explaining why you are the best candidate for this role.APPLY NOW