The Textile & Foam Expert for Motorsports is responsible for the continuous improvement of the materials and construction methods used in the linings of motorsport helmets with regard to Safety, Comfort, Durability and Aesthetics.
- Based at the home of the Bahrain F1 Grand Prix
- Continuous improvement of materials & construction
- Guide the technical construction of the new products
This international manufacturing group offers a complete service to the motorsport community, with everything made in-house.
The growing technical team needs a foam expert who understands the technical properties of foam to further enhance durability and improve construction methods and productivity. You will also guide the technical construction of the new product manufacturing section.
- Develop and improve the construction of the foam linings for the helmets
- Source raw materials and work with suppliers to develop new component foams and fabrics
- Manage fabric testing and work closely with the safety department to ensure the suitability of foam, fabrics, and construction methods
- Participate in R&D programs
- Guide the team working on new projects to improve construction methods and productivity
The racing industry requires continuous innovation and speed, to deliver the best in a very short time. Technical knowledge is essential, but common sense is invaluable.
You will have:
- Knowledge of foam properties, standards, and suppliers
- Understanding of the characteristics of fabrics and textile testing (durability, tolerances, stretchability, breathability…)
- A qualification in Textile Engineering or a related field with training in Lean Manufacturing
- Experience in fast-paced, competitive engineering and composite manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of gloves, suits or other racewear construction would be useful
- Good English communication skills
What’s In It For You:
As well as a generous salary package, including housing and a car, you can expect to put your career into the fast lane as part of a passionate, loyal and supportive multinational team.